Wednesday, April 15, 2009

As A Flamer

As a Flamer (a student body member of Liberty University) one realizes that lessons learned are inevitable. As I sat in Convocation (chapel) this morning listening to yet another world- renowned speaker of apalogetics, I realized that among weeks of mudane church- going and comings, that I am truly blessed.
The speakers, my professors, the 61 other girls with which I live and even the 45 brothers I am associated with teach me all daily.
When one visits LU for the first time, even if they do not voice it, I know their heart's immediate reaction: "Wow. What a place."
Now that reaction could be good or bad to the person thinknig it- but for me, and everyone that I talk to about LU, this mountain is a true by- product of the University's life verse:

"Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty."
2 Corinthians 3:17

The spirit of the Lord truly does encompass himself on this great mountain!

This morning in convo I earned yet another great lesson.
After all that has happened in my life, which to some may seem uneventful but to me great, I have learned that God does wish to utilize me for the sake of His glory. What an oppertunity I have to live out what John speaks of in his book in chapter 9 verse 3:

"Neither this man nor his parents have sinned (speaking of a born- blind man), but this happened so that teh work of God might be displayed in his life."

Lord! Please display your work through whatever area of my life You choose to use!

No comments: